Zenite® liquid crystal polymer (LCP)
Available from Celanese Corporation
Zenite resin not only takes the heat it also excels in all-around performance and molding productivity. Choose it over ceramics, thermosets, PPS or competitive LCP’s to downsize parts, upgrade performance, accelerate production, reduce system costs and develop new markets. Attributes and features include:
- High-temperature electrical/electronic assembly: Withstands SMT assembly, including lead-free solder reflow.
-Superior heat aging performance and retention of properties with temperature.
- Design freedom: outstanding flow - long paths, thin walls, complex shapes.
- Excellent chemical resistance.
- Inherently flame retardant.
- Precision: exceptional dimensional stability, low mold shrinkage, low thermal expansion.
- Molding speed: super-fast cycling.
- Excellent balance of stiffness, strength and toughness.
- Outstanding creep resistance.
- Superior dielectrics over a wide temperature range.
A wide range of components for electrical/electronics, lighting, telecommunications, auto ignition and fuel handling, aerospace, fiber optics, motors, imaging devices, sensors, ovenware, fuel or gas barrier structures and more.