Thermx® polycyclohexylene-dimethylene terephthalate (PCT)
Available from Celanese Corporation
Take everything you like about PBT or PET polyesters; then add more resistance to peak temperatures and hydrolysis. The result: Ticona Thermx® PCT, the latest in a range of high performance polymers now added to the Ticona portfolio. Attributes and features include:
- High-temperature assembly: Withstands SMT reflow soldering.
- Hydrolysis resistance: Performs well in USCAR Class 4 tests.
- High-temperature service: Retains useful strength, toughness with age.
- Dimensional stability: Negligible moisture effect.
- Chemical resistance: auto fluids, circuit board cleaning agents and more.
- Arc tracking resistance: A valuable asset for 42-volt auto electrical applications.
- Excellent colorability.
A wide range of injection molded components for electrical, electronics, automotive, appliance, and other industrial and consumer products. Typical parts include circuit board connectors, automotive connectors (headers), lamp sockets and relays.
Thermx® PCT comes in a wide range of grades, including glass and/or mineral-reinforced and flame-retardant (V-0 UL94B) resins. The base polymer is polycyclohexylene-dimethylene terephthalate.